Health Insurance in Vaughan
Seeking treatment for a severe health issue is emotionally and financially taxing. Don’t let financial worries complicate your situation or limit your options. Consider getting your health insurance in Vaughan with help from us at Ken Maynard Insurance Brokers Ltd. We offer a comprehensive range of insurance plans according to your preferences. As independent health insurance brokers, we represent your best interests. Our team takes account of your situation and requirements to recommend the right health insurance plan for you. We ensure that you don't have to pay for covers that you don't require.
If you'd like to discuss our health insurance services in Vaughan or any other products such as home or life insurance, please get in touch with us.
Why do I need health insurance?
Medical situations, such as chronic illnesses and serious accidents, generally require expensive treatments. These conditions often fall on you when you don't expect them to, resulting in heavy financial losses. Not only is paying for medication and treatment difficult, but it might affect your finances for many years to come. With health insurance, you can choose a financial cover for particular illnesses and accidents. Health insurance provides monetary support for your treatment and other related expenses. You can combine your Ontario Health Insurance Plan (O.H.I.P.), which is the province’s health care program, with supplemental insurance coverage to protect you from financial catastrophes in these scenarios.
What does the health insurance plan cover?
Most health insurance plans cover services such as:
- Dental Services
- Mental health support and counselling services
- Extended health care services including medical supplies, hearing aids and chiropractic therapy
How is health insurance coverage supplemental to provincial health insurance?
Provincial health plans, such as the O.H.I.P, cover most of your basic health care needs. However, several medical requirements don’t receive coverage, such as:
- Prescription medication
- Routine dental care and treatment
- Registered therapists
- Prescription eyewear
Supplemental health insurance is another way to protect yourself and your families from accidents or illnesses. As these insurance plans add to the coverage provided by the provincial government, it is considered supplemental. Supplemental health insurance plans include non-conventional dental and other health benefits such as hospital stays or any of the points mentioned above.
Am I eligible for health insurance coverage?
To take personal health insurance, you must be 69 years of age or younger as of the application date. You must also be:
- A Canadian resident
- Covered under the provincial health plan of your province
If you’re confused about whether you’re eligible for health insurance coverage, please speak to us.
Health Insurance for Seniors
The right health insurance is essential for seniors because of several reasons.
- It is common for seniors to be on particular prescription medications. O.H.I.P provides minimal coverage for prescription drugs, with no cover for several types of medication. In such a scenario, it is more fiscally prudent to rely on a suitable health insurance policy.
- Many seniors lose the medical benefits that they might have received from their employer on retiring. When this happens, it is a good idea to opt for health insurance covering the gaps left by the O.H.I.P.
- Most importantly, seniors are much more likely than other age groups to experience illnesses that might lead to heavy financial damage.
At Ken Maynard Insurance Brokers Ltd., we will inspect your unique health requirements to recommend the best policy for you.
Get Your Health Insurance Today
If you have further questions regarding our health insurance plans in Vaughan, contact us today. We also offer other insurance products, such as auto insurance and travel insurance. To learn more about our services, please browse through our blogs.